Free School Meal Information
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit - Provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit. Also your annual gross income of no more than £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit - if your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Please note: If you are in receipt of working tax credits you may not be eligible for free school meals or clothing grants.
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive Free School Meals.
Children who receive “education suitable for children who have not attained compulsory school age” will still need to satisfy the additional requirement of “receiving education both before and after the lunch period”, before being eligible to receive free school meals.
How do I apply?
Where possible all parents and guardians should apply online. You will need to register on the Citizen Portal to do this. If you apply online you will receive an immediate response telling you if you are eligible for the vouchers.
If you are unable to apply online please contact the free school meals team - telephone: 0300 373 3300.
To apply for Free School Meals and Clothing Grant please click on the link below:-