Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Church of England Primary School
Inclusive, creative, aspirational, experiencing life in all its fullness.
St. Oswald’s is a school where we;
- Develop the best possible relationships between all individuals in the school community.
- Provide a happy, safe and highly stimulating environment where children can learn effectively.
- Offer high quality learning opportunities that are challenging, relevant and meaningful to the children.
St Oswald’s is a Church of England Primary School. As such, we recognise the spiritual dimension to life and we try to meet these needs in our children, in just the same way that we seek to meet their intellectual and physical needs. We are inclusive to those of different spiritual traditions and they are welcomed and respected for the insights that they bring.
Our Code of Conduct
Rules in school are kept to a minimum and are largely based on common sense. What we aim for is self-discipline that enables children to accept community and individual responsibility. Governors, staff and children worked on a written code of conduct which is included here:
- We care about each other and our work.
- We work together and help each other sort things out.
- We are honest about things we have done.
- We work hard and are proud of what we have done.
- We show respect for other people and their property.
- We listen to what other people say.
- We look after our school, both inside and outside.
- We will treat everyone equally.
- We accept that rules are necessary and we will help children who find keeping the rules difficult.
- We hope that during our school life at St. Oswald's these rules become part of us and that we can operate in an independent, but considerate way.