Meet the Governors
Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
Our School Governors
The main aims of a school Governor are to promote the welfare and development of the school, and to support the Head and Staff in the work they are doing. Governors help to represent the views and needs of the local community. At the same time they help to explain the aims, needs and problems of the school to the community and to the Local Authority, who are responsible for the needs of the school. Our governors are:
- Rev'd Nigel Davies (Ex-Officio - Chair)
- Gill White (Headteacher)
- Romola Acland (Foundation Governor)
- Deb Park (Parent Governor)
- Jane Sharrock (Parent Governor)
- Vacant (Teacher Governor)
- Sue Gilchrist (Foundation Governor)
- Christine Symons (Foundation Governor)
- Tony Waitson (Foundation Governor)
- Alison Blair (Foundation Governor)
The Governors work through a series of committees for the following areas of responsibility;
Curriculum, Standards and Staffing Committee – Sue Gilchrist, Rachel Forrest, Christine Symons, Alison Blair and Deb Park.
Premises, Safety and Finance Committee – Tony Waitson, Jane Sharrock, Romola Acland and Christine Greenfield.
Correspondence to the governors may be sent to the Clerk to the Governors, Miss. Jenny Harrison.